Taking Care of Family While You’re at Conference
So you have your One Sheets, perfected your pitch, you know who you’re pitching to, and you even splurged for a mani/pedi, but what about those you will be leaving behind? As I get ready to drive to the ACFW conference, I’m trying to make sure my family is taken care of. Here’s a checklist I’m working on. Got anything to add?
- Stock frig and pantry with easy to prepare meals OR whip up some casseroles and put them in the freezer.
- Make out a schedule for hubby or anyone else that is taking care of kids while gone
- Delegate carpool (Wouldn’t you know the mom I carpool with from school will be GONE the same week I am! Good thing grandma is a back up driver.)
- Make a detailed list of extra curricular activities and HOW each kid will get to where he/she needs to go
- Make sure everyone has enough clean clothes for when you’re gone
- Make sure all your outside the home responsibilities are covered (like finding a sub to teach my creative writing class)
- Subscribe to your kids’ facebook feed! My kids HATE that I do this, but whenever they post it goes straight to my phone so I know what they’re doing OR what they should be doing instead!
- Kiss them all goodbye and then FORGET them! I know, I can’t do that either. I’m sure I’ll be phoning home Wednesday night making sure my kids get to where they need to be, but the rest of the time, I’m going to forget I’m a mom and remember I’m a writer with a dream!
So who’s going to ACFW? Hope to see you all there!